Monday, January 03, 2005

Resolve

Resolutions aren't necessarily a bad thing, but to base them on a change in the calendar year is to align oneself with the hoi polloi and take to heart the cause of abject absurdity forced upon us by the evildoers standing astride the boardrooms of greeting card corporations. Doesn't it make more sense to make "New Year Resolutions" on one's birthday, when one enters a personal new year? Or even better, give something up for Lent, and never take it back. Nobody gives shit up for Lent anymore, and you can read the consequences in our G-thonged, plastic surgeried, homm-a-sek-shul juggernaut of popular culture.

That said, I'm not drinking coffee this year (just drinking the occasional cup of tea), and I'm not going to purchase alcohol this year. These aren't resolutions so much as lifestyle changes that were precipitated as much by the new year as they were by my running out of coffee and money right around the same time.

I also want to post to this blog every day this year, but I've already fucked that up, like so much else in my life. Maybe once I run out of cough syrup and mouthwash and have nothing else in the house with which to intoxicate myself, I'll get something productive done, like blogging.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home