News, sorta.
I feel like I haven't written anything in a year.
Doing the picture-blog, I've been walking around, thinking all visual-like and stuff, not at all thinking about words except to write down interesting-sounding genus and species names at work. Procyon lotor!
It was not all that long ago that writing on a weblog was practically the only thing that kept me going. Now, I ride my bike to work and think: "wow, blue!" Or, "gosh, looka that angle". What's wrong with me? I used to be able to do both at once. Now, an hour a night drawing, and I get obsessed with shapes and colors and stupid shit like that.
Anyway, here's what's new with me:
Well, there's really nothing new with me that anyone who reads this doesn't already know. I'm now a professional at the English Language. How hilarious is that? Every once in awhile, I look around at our little proofreading team and think about how bizarre it is that these scientific papers go through us.
We're all smart, and all of us talk good, but it's funny that we're all about 25 years old, correcting "data" to be plural, removing the phrase "the fact that" from articles about blastocysts, putting commas on the right sides of quotation marks, and so on. We're the biggest nerds of them all, and this isn't even what we all want to do with our lives.
All in all, things are pretty good. I just bought this, and it kicks all sorts of ass. Not as much ass kicking as Jonny Quest (which is mind-blowingly amazing), or "Thundarr", but it's pretty great.
Doing the picture-blog, I've been walking around, thinking all visual-like and stuff, not at all thinking about words except to write down interesting-sounding genus and species names at work. Procyon lotor!
It was not all that long ago that writing on a weblog was practically the only thing that kept me going. Now, I ride my bike to work and think: "wow, blue!" Or, "gosh, looka that angle". What's wrong with me? I used to be able to do both at once. Now, an hour a night drawing, and I get obsessed with shapes and colors and stupid shit like that.
Anyway, here's what's new with me:
Well, there's really nothing new with me that anyone who reads this doesn't already know. I'm now a professional at the English Language. How hilarious is that? Every once in awhile, I look around at our little proofreading team and think about how bizarre it is that these scientific papers go through us.
We're all smart, and all of us talk good, but it's funny that we're all about 25 years old, correcting "data" to be plural, removing the phrase "the fact that" from articles about blastocysts, putting commas on the right sides of quotation marks, and so on. We're the biggest nerds of them all, and this isn't even what we all want to do with our lives.
All in all, things are pretty good. I just bought this, and it kicks all sorts of ass. Not as much ass kicking as Jonny Quest (which is mind-blowingly amazing), or "Thundarr", but it's pretty great.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home