Stem Cell Research
All of the talk about stem cells neatly avoids that Bush only capped stem cell research at publicly funded Universities and other places receiving federal dollars. He left the research open for any giant corporation that wants to do it.
Why is this? It's simply that when someone makes a huge discovery, the patent will belong to the giant corporations that are not subject to the law, rather than to publicly funded and non-privatized institutions.
That way, you will have to pay for the results more. A lot more.
If this were really a moral issue--which it is not--Bush would have enacted a ban (or limitation) on ALL stem cell research. Instead, he just made it so that anyone getting tax-dollars to do it--like universities--would not have a hold on the financial results.
On another and not-related note, where the hell are you guys? I hope you're off working hard on long posts, because I don't want this just to be where Luke and I post.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home