Wednesday, October 13, 2004

About one of us.

Since this is the first day of this weblog, and no one knows who any of us are, I’m going to say a little about who I am to get this started.

I spent a couple of years on a couple of other weblogs, mostly talking about myself. I don’t think I’m so great, and my history of posting is not at all self-aggrandizing. I used my old ‘blogs to write about what was currently going on in my life, and how it applied to things that I remembered from my own past.

I used to write little reviews of music videos and television commercials, but I intentionally don’t have a television anymore, so I won’t be doing that here. I wish I could, though, like someone who used to smoke.

I am very political—extremely liberal--but it’s unlikely that I’m going to write about that here unless something really horrible happens. My posting history is pretty obvious if you look at my profile, so if you’ve read me before, you should know what to expect; I mainly write about things that have happened to me during the day, and how I react to them, and why they matter to me because of things that happened to me when I was little.

I live in Lawrence, Kansas, and recently moved here. I’m twenty-eight years old and have a cat named Boing that I love dearly.

I went to Cooper Union, a private art school in New York. While I was there, I specialized in drawing-related media; no major was required, so I did a lot of printmaking. I also did a little bit of film and video, and a lot of painting. I don’t really like many artists: I like about one etching by James Abbot McNeill Whistler, and much of R.B. Kitaj’s output.

I like a couple of comic book artists, and consider—to any standards of objectivity, rightly—comic book art to be a real and important art form.

I still use a couple of those media from college (though not so much in the last year or so) but I’m mostly interested in writing right now. I wrote a Young Adult novel last year—I finished it a couple of months ago and haven’t done much of anything with it yet—so I haven’t been drawing much lately.

I’ve learned over the past couple of years that making art, or writing or making music is something that is impossible—for me—if I’m in a relationship. I have many interests, and I’ve read for a couple of hours a day since I was about eleven. Add to that time any writing or drawing or playing the guitar, and there is very little time left for girls.

I lived in Wisconsin for the last five years—before I moved back to Kansas, where I grew up—so I’ve been in a polka band and eaten great cheese and witnessed firsthand the engorged RGBH-enhanced tits of the North.

I will try to be entertaining, and I will try to make you laugh about once every three hundred words. That’s about all I can promise.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a good start and keep on it. From Portugal

hfm
http://alicerces.blogsopt.com

11:20 AM  
Blogger interrobang said...

Thank you.

11:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home